Monday, February 1, 2010

Sandwich Revelation

My sandwich soul got a breath of fresh air today. New Favorite Sandwich (NFS) is simple. Fresh olive and sundried tomato bread, vegan margarine, honeycrisp apple slices. I'm so excited about the apple as a new sandwich ingredient. Apple and PB? Are there any apple-companion condiments? Perhaps honey moutard?Earlier this week I made a non-vegan sandwich which was a magical grilled cheese on sourdough with arugula and apple. The garlic and chive jack cheese was, incredibly, a mistake. It would have been better with brie or cheddar. Nevertheless I'd be lying if I confessed anything less than love for this sandwich.




1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about that type of cheese! I always think its going to be better than it actually turns out to be, always. Like, have you ever had a jalapeno gouda that thrilled you? I know I haven't.

    ReplyDelete