Monday, October 4, 2010

This was weird. Mo, his housemate Oli, and I all went out for breakfast near their house one morning. It was before Mo and I left on a camping trip. The place was a bar in the evening that never closed and instead converted into a breakfast cafe in the morning. Sort of like Sneaky Dee's. Mo and Oli had been there before. They had a big outside porch and picnic tables. This was my meal. It was sort of veggie and cheapish; coffee, 2 overeasy eggs, toast, assorted cheeses, fruit salad, sauteed mushrooms, fried tomato, and a chocolate cookie. Very rich in a unsatisfactory way. The North American in me was always crying for potatoes in British mornings. Breakfast will get stranger as we move north.

1 comment:

  1. the way that cookie's touching the tomato and almost the cheese really freaks me out. cookies are just not meant to be enjoyed this way. good looking cheese selection though. Definitely i would assume the people preparing this breakfast are the same ones drinking all night at the pub the night before. looks like some hungover makeshift fare to me...

    ReplyDelete